Show HN: To mute words on Twitter in batches, I created a browser extension https://ift.tt/ViovSrB

Show HN: To mute words on Twitter in batches, I created a browser extension https://ift.tt/ViovSrB

Show HN: To mute words on Twitter in batches, I created a browser extension Hello HN community :) For a while now I've been watching my Twitter feed fill up with more and more crap. The fact that it's now possible to monetise your tweets has made things even crappier. At the same time, adding words to mute is a pain. First you have to find the option, buried deep in Twitter's settings, and then you have to add them one by one. So I came up with the idea of writing a little browser extension that lets you add lists of muted words, which can come from more or less anywhere, as long as they're in a certain format (a multi-line text file or a JSON array). The extension doesn't collect any data, you don't need an account to use it, and you can store your lists anywhere (although I'd recommend Github gist or Pastebin). To be honest, I made this mainly as an exercise to learn how a browser extension works and how to make one, but if it's useful to people, that's great! Feel free to let me know what you think and give it a try. If there's ever an audience for it, I'm thinking of taking it further by adding lists of people to mute, extracting your existing list of muted words from Twitter, etc.If you have any other ideas for development, I'd love to hear from you. https://ift.tt/BTJqu0j August 23, 2023 at 05:13PM

0 Comments: