Show HN: Frogtab – Private, peaceful task management https://ift.tt/NwOk07C

Show HN: Frogtab – Private, peaceful task management https://ift.tt/NwOk07C

Show HN: Frogtab – Private, peaceful task management Hi HN! I'm excited to share the task manager that I've been building and relying on for the past 9 months I started developing Frogtab after a particularly busy period at work, where a large number of ad-hoc tasks would need my attention each day. What I Initially tried was a single (long!) checklist of outstanding tasks, but I found that too overwhelming to look at all day long. Then I tried scheduling tasks based on when I expected to complete them, but that also required too much cognitive load - I only had the capacity to bucket tasks into "today" and "not today" And so Frogtab was born. Originally as a Google doc, then later as a rudimentary web app with some simple automation. The automation was there to nudge me towards good habits, e.g., grouping all my outstanding tasks at the beginning of each day and requiring me to consciously choose which tasks to tackle that day. I subsequently refined the system a little, but the core mechanic has been serving me well ever since! More than the benefits I've gotten from using Frogtab at work, it's been really fun to develop Frogtab into a form that is usable - dare I say enjoyable - by other people too. Thanks to feedback from the awesome community at Bear (bearblog.dev) and also from sharing an early version here on HN, I've been able to make a whole host of improvements to Frogtab Highlights include: - Support for a weekly routine, aka recurring tasks - Data export and import, including auto-backup in supported browsers - Ability to receive tasks sent from any device - Dark theme - Keyboard shortcuts - Full docs at frogtab.com/help As I've been developing Frogtab, one of my primary concerns has been data privacy. Frogtab stores data in your bowser and doesn't require an account. Also, Frogtab does not use cookies, collect PII, serve ads, or track you in any way. It's entirely free to use and fully open source - the code is at github.com/dwilding/frogtab If you try Frogtab, I hope that you have a great experience! I would love to hear any feedback/suggestions, thank you :) https://frogtab.com/ December 6, 2023 at 04:27AM

0 Comments: