Show HN: wallstreetlocal – View investments from the world's biggest SEC filers https://ift.tt/xQJzRMD

Show HN: wallstreetlocal – View investments from the world's biggest SEC filers https://ift.tt/xQJzRMD

Show HN: wallstreetlocal – View investments from the world's biggest SEC filers Hello Hacker News! My name is Anonyo, and I am a seventeen-year-old from Southeast Michigan. This is wallstreetlocal, my passion project for the last year. The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), forces institutional money managers whose portfolios surpass $100 million to quarterly update the SEC website with their latest investments. These money managers, known as 13F (the form type of the report) filers, are the biggest investors in America, and the law forces them to publicly reveal their investments. The problem I found was that SEC filings are cumbersome to find and view. To remedy this, wallstreetlocal saves and formats SEC data by bulk in an easily accessible format. Other websites do the same thing wallstreetlocal does, but wallstreetlocal places an emphasis on stock data. You can compare prices over time, view gains, and even download the data yourself to make any conclusions you wish. For as many stocks as possible, wallstreetlocal provides accurate, recent data to accompany the filings. As of current, there are 850,000 companies in the search database, 30,000 stocks in the stock database, and about 50 filers queried (equates to a couple million lines of JSON, requested by myself alone). By exploring the website, you can see the resources I used, check out some notable money managers I listed, and download any data that suits you. All for free. I plan to open-source this project someday, but I just wanted to get it released for now. The stack uses FastAPI for the back-end, and Next.js for the front-end. The back-end is hosted on a VM using Docker for the different microservices, and the front-end on Vercel. I made this project to better democratize SEC filings, and also to get some experience on my hands. I love computers, and one day hope to change the world through startups. In the comments, I'd appreciate any and all advice, as well as feedback on how to improve the site. Thanks. https://ift.tt/HYfWd15 December 9, 2023 at 11:26PM

0 Comments: