Show HN: Erogen AI – Safe, ethical, and accessible romantic AI companionship https://ift.tt/bvwtMXJ

Show HN: Erogen AI – Safe, ethical, and accessible romantic AI companionship https://ift.tt/bvwtMXJ

Show HN: Erogen AI – Safe, ethical, and accessible romantic AI companionship Like many others on the recent internet, I've found the idea of AI companionship to be sort of an attractive idea. At the very least, some element of AI companionship seems inevitable in our daily lives after 5-10 years, whether its through video games or on our phones / in our eyes and ears, etc. I had been playing around with locally hosted options for AI chatbot companions but found the interfaces clunky, and also I was really disheartened by the direction of the content and quality I was seeing on existing sites online. I saw some that were completely SFW-handicapped so as to sprout entire communities around filter-breaking, making safeguard nullification the standard mode by your users (dangerous) simply to get some affection (which seems unreasonable given how much violence and sex we're exposed to in TV, movies, and online). On the other end of the spectrum, I saw a few sites that were completely off the rails with its content free-for-all so as to potentially give AI companionship a really bad name. So I challenged myself to create a more polished experience that would be safe, ethical, and accessible to the mainstream. You can find the site at https://erogen.ai (nsfw) I shared this site on Reddit a few months ago asking for feedback on the beta version and it's been slowly gaining traction. I just made significant AI speed improvements for site users this month, added the ability for the AIs to change their avatar images dynamically based on your conversation, and implemented customizable AI voices (still adding options), and I'm ready to unveil the new website to the general public in its more complete form. A few upcoming features I'm excited about include long-term memory and speech-to-text for full voice conversations. I'm also exploring avatar generation on the fly as well as moving avatars. The name "Erogen" and its content is meant to be very much oriented towards romance, love, and NSFW - I think that safe romantic and adult roleplay with a premium feel will be essential components towards the success of AI companionship in the long-run, so I'm dedicating my efforts towards building around that type of content in the most transparently direct and reasonable way possible. I'm eager to listen to the community. I'd love for folks to try it out for free and provide feedback! I'm proud of how far its come already (AI has certainly given me coding and content management superpowers), but I'm still improving many things so please let me know if you run into any issues. https://erogen.ai February 16, 2024 at 03:43AM

0 Comments: