Show HN: Graph2agent; Mermaid diagrams, explained for agents During the implementation of a huge high performance service.
In order to keep context small (mainly for humans) I kept the specs into mermaid diagrams.
When communicating with humans; diagrams were easy to follow and to remember.
But when I asked the agent to implement what's in the diagram, most of the times it failed. So I came into conclusion that agents are good into writing mermaid diagrams but they are not good into reading them. I built graph2agent in order to deterministically (without inference :) ) convert mermaid diagrams into digestible rich text for agents. examples: https://ift.tt/1ys03BK... This gave us 50% error reduction for any class of diagrams and 80% error reduction for sequence diagrams specifically.
Also Input tokens increased on avg by 8% (which is expected) but Reasoning tokens dropped by almost 50%. You can use it either with MCP so agents can call it with any mermaid diagram, and also can put it in pre-commit jobs and run it on every PR so all diagrams are agent ready! I hope you like it! Let me know your thoughts! https://graph2agent.github.io/ August 11, 2026 at 02:59AM


0 Comments: